Monday 10 August 2009

Hasenfeld, 3 days to go. I forgot to send it, so I am in Holland now.

I am in Germany in the Eifel. My counter indicates 5145 km. In Catenom (North of France) I met a couple which had ridden a new alternative, by Germany. They had taken 4 valleys: the Rur, the Urft, the Kyl and the Mosel. 4 valleys indicates a light tour, but I have to go up from 170 m to 570 m and then down again.
The route is marvellous, with extremes: very easy to go, and very complicated and heavy. It is an adventure to discover what is hidden behind every curve, it could be anything (steep) up or downhill, a chicane, another road or an other cyclist. So I had to stay very allert.
The inclinations are up to 25%, which is not possible, for me, to bike up.
The Mosel valley is very wide. The Kyl valley is very narrow and ther should pass the river, tre train, a road and the cyclist road.
Today I have pain in my muscles, for the first time this trip.
Tomorrow I will be in Holland, then I expect to be at home within 3 days.
See the correction in the title. My last day in Germany was very easy: plane, a little bit down going, good paths. So easy going and I could make kilometers. At 16:45 I past the border. I was just in time to buy a good map at the tourist office. So now I an 10 km north of Roermond. I think 2 days to go, with a few visits. Wheather is perfect for biking: not too hot.

No comments: